Notes on reporting bugs
While we're very much interested to fix issues with our ports, not everything which might be a problem for users is supposed to be submitted here. Please follow the following rules when subscribing a bug report:
- Provide enough details to allow us to understand your problem; don't just include program input, but also note what you expected, and why you think the behaviour you see is wrong
- Carefully fill the bug details; specifying the appropriate options will ensure your request is routed to the right team / developer:
- Always select the appropriate Task Type and Category
- When submitting a bug against a certain port, specify its maintainer in the 'Assigned To' dropdown
- Don't submit bugs in the ported software here, rather contact the upstream developers
- Post feature requests on the mailing list; we'll add them here if a feature is planned to be added to CRUX
- Please assign it to the correct maintainer; this way, a mail will be generated and the maintainer will immediately be aware of the request
- If the download is broken, mention that in the description, and the severity to "high"
- If it's a security problem, set the severity to "high"
- If you already have an updated port, please attach it to the bug report
Also, we now require reporters to log in to submit bugs. Note that we'll have to enable your account, so it might take a little while for you to be allowed to submit new reports.
Proceed to the Bug Tracker