Release Notes for CRUX 2.6
This page discusses the relevant changes introduced in CRUX 2.6. Everybody upgrading from the
previous release is advised to carefully read the following notes.
CRUX 2.6 includes glibc 2.10.1, gcc 4.4.1 and binutils 2.19.1
CRUX 2.6 ships with Xorg 7.4.
- xz/lzma support has been added to libarchive, it's possible to use .xz and .lzma source-archives in our ports now
- libusb has been updated to version 1.0, to keep compatibility to version 0.1 a new port libusb-compat has been added to core
- libblkid, blkid, findfs and fsck are now provided by util-linux-ng instead of e2fsprogs
- libuuid, uuidd and uuidgen are now provided by util-linux-ng instead of e2fsprogs
- using the file
/etc/modprobe.conf to configure modprobe is deprecated, use
*.conf files in
- rdate has been replaced by openrdate
- libdevmapper, sudo and xz have been moved from opt to core
- tcsh, rpm2targz, strace and expat have been moved from core to opt
- lvm2 is now available during install