Release Notes for CRUX 2.5
This page discusses the relevant changes introduced in CRUX 2.5. Everybody upgrading from the
previous release is advised to carefully read the following notes.
CRUX 2.5 includes glibc 2.8, gcc 4.3.2 and binutils 2.19.
CRUX 2.5 ships with Xorg 7.4.
- glibc does not contain all possible locales anymore, see handbook
- the runtime linker configuration has been greatly simplified by adding a configuration-directory
- gcc depends on libgmp and libmpfr now, both have been added to core
- a new port inetutils replaces inetd, netkit-ftp and netkit-telnet
- hotplug has been removed because it wasn't in use since a long time
- libpcre has been added to core
- slocate has been replaced by mlocate
- cdrtools has been replaced by cdrkit